Fall and Spring Term
Students who withdraw*:
- During the first or second week of classes in the fall or spring semester are eligible for a 100% refund of tuition and fees;
- During the third or fourth week of classes are eligible for a 50% refund of tuition and fees;
- After the fourth week are not eligible for a tuition and fee refund;
- Students are expected to pay their tuition and fees by the appropriate deadline. A student who withdraws by the appropriate deadline and is eligible for a partial refund is still held to the official payment schedule.
*See Enrollment Deadline Pages for more information important deadlines.
Refunds vary depending on the length of the summer session. Students should check Summer Key Deadlines section of the Office of the Registrar’s website for refund schedules. Student who cannot figure out their refund deadlines (dates), should contact their academic advisor or the Enrollment Services Help line at 608-262-0920.
It is critical that the student take responsibility for knowledge of these deadlines, as enrolling in any course(s) is both a financial and time commitment.
Sometimes students request a backdated drop or withdrawal in order to obtain a tuition refund. This type of request is a serious matter and there is no guarantee this request will be granted. Thus, a student needs to provide strong documentation showing that a student was unable to drop by the appropriate deadline. Please note that providing documentation also does not guarantee a backdated drop/withdrawal for tuition purposes.
L&S undergraduate students who have questions regarding this issue should contact the L&S Undergraduate Academic Deans’ Services at 608-262-0617 during regular business hours. If a student makes a request for a backdated drop/withdrawal for tuition purposes, an academic dean will consider:
- Was the student attending classes after the refund period?
- Was the student physically able to drop or withdraw for the class within the refund period?