The College of Letters & Science (L&S) welcomes current UW-Madison students with an established GPA to transfer into the College granted they meet certain requirements:
- Continuing students must have a 2.000 cumulative GPA at UW-Madison and
- A 2.000 in their most recent semester at UW-Madison, including summer term.
Please note: Only new freshmen (first-year students) and transfer students who do not have an established UW-Madison GPA may request to transfer into the College of Letters and Science during their first term on campus without an established GPA.
How to Transfer into L&S
Freshmen and sophomores (with 53 or fewer earned degree credits) and new students without an established GPA are required to attend a transfer workshop. To sign up for a transfer workshop (fall and spring semesters only), students must reserve a seat using the On Campus Transfer Workshop link. Select “Letters & Science Advising Services” in the OHRD Catalog and choose an On-Campus Transfer Workshop. Questions regarding transfer workshops should be directed to L&S Academic Advising Services (AAS) located at 101 Ingraham Hall. The AAS general telephone number is 608/262-5858.
Transfer workshops will not be held during the Summer term. Students with 53 or fewer credits who wish to transfer for summer term, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an appointment to review the information related to transferring to L&S and complete the transfer request form.
Juniors and seniors (54 or more earned degree credits) are welcome, but not required, to attend a transfer workshop. Juniors and seniors refer to the web form below. Please note the Fall 2017 deadline to transfer into Letters & Science is Friday, November 17, 2017. All online requests submitted after this date will be processed at the beginning of the spring 2018 term.
If you are currently a UW-Madison student who wishes to transfer into L&S and need immediate advising assistance, please call at 608-262-5858 or email@example.com.
If a student has been dropped by another school or college on the UW-Madison campus and wants to transfer into L&S, the student must be readmitted by the original school or college prior to initiating an L&S transfer. L&S will not admit students who are in dropped status.
Transfer Eligibility Criteria:
- you are a current UW-Madison undergraduate student
- you are a junior or senior (you have 54 or more degree credits)
- you have an established GPA at UW-Madison to transfer into the College if you are a continuing student (new freshmen and transfer students to UW-Madison without an established UW-Madison GPA may request to transfer into the College of Letters & Science but are required to attend a Transfer Workshop)
- your cumulative GPA is 2.000 or higher if you are a continuing student
- your last semester GPA at UW-Madison is 2.000 or higher, including summer term if you are a continuing student
Please review the BA/BS degree requirements. Also, see the College of Letters & Science Degrees information.
Please note: Workshops and online request forms are only accepted through the 12th week of the semester. The deadline for Fall 2017 is Friday, November 17, 2017. All online requests submitted after this date will be processed at the beginning of the summer term. Please plan accordingly.
Please make sure that you print a copy of the information you have submitted for your records.