The College of Letters & Science Student Academic Affairs (SAA) is dedicated to the success of L&S undergraduate students both inside and outside the classroom by supporting student learning and personal growth.
Student Academic Affairs provides services to students as they prepare to register for their first classes and offers services designed to enhance student success from entry through graduation. Although SAA is primarily focused on undergraduates enrolled in the College of Letters & Science, its mission and services extend to the entire undergraduate student body. Office locations for Student Academic Affairs include: Bascom Hall, Ingraham Hall, Red Gym, and South Hall.
SAA and the College of Letters & Science serve students primarily through the following five programs:
- Academic Advising Services
- Center for Academic Excellence
- Undergraduate Research Scholars
In addition, undergraduate students in need of assistance with L&S academic rules and procedures and other related services have access to academic deans in L&S Undergraduate Academic Deans’ Services.
For up-to-date campus alert COVID-19 updates for students, please refer to COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and Spring 2020 Special Grading Option During Disruption.
Important Dates and Events
- August 11Election Day for Wisconsin, including same-day registrationWisconsin Primary Election for US Rep., State legislature, DA, County Clerk, Treasurer, and Reg of Deeds.7:00 AM, Find your polling place at myvote.wi.gov
- August 17Faculty contract year begins12:00 AM
- August 23