The College of Letters & Science Student Academic Affairs (SAA) is dedicated to the success of L&S undergraduate students both inside and outside the classroom by supporting student learning and personal growth.
Student Academic Affairs provides services to students as they prepare to register for their first classes and offers services designed to enhance student success from entry through graduation. Although SAA is primarily focused on undergraduates enrolled in the College of Letters & Science, its mission and services extend to the entire undergraduate student body. Office locations for Student Academic Affairs include: Bascom Hall, Ingraham Hall, Red Gym, and South Hall.
SAA and the College of Letters & Science serve students primarily through the following five programs:
- Academic Advising Services
- SuccessWorks (formerly L&S Career Services)
- Center for Academic Excellence
- Undergraduate Research Scholars
In addition, undergraduate students in need of assistance with L&S academic rules and procedures and other related services have access to academic deans in L&S Undergraduate Academic Deans’ Services.
Important Dates and Events
- June 18Summer session8-week session begins12:00 AM
- June 21
- June 21ACG Book Club: What a Plant Knows: A Field Guide to the Senses by Daniel Chamovitz 5:30 PM, Allen Centennial Garden
- June 28
- July 4Independence Day12:00 AM
- July 12
- July 19
- July 19ACG Book Club: A Garden of Marvels: How We Discovered That Flowers Have Sex, Leaves Eat Air, and Other Secrets of Plants5:30 PM, Allen Centennial Garden